One Invite Changed My Life
That’s my story – how about you? One invite really did change my life! Well, it was actually one person inviting me a whole bunch of times to his church until I finally gave in! THANK GOD my buddy Garland Robertson cared enough about me that he didn’t give up on me. I knew Garland for many years, but we had lost touch for a period of our lives. Then one day we ran into each other at a University of Miami football game. We both had season tickets & his were a few rows behind me.
At every football game we would catch up, talk about life, and at some point in the discussion he would work into the conversation something cool that his church was doing & invite me to come check it out. I was always polite about it – but would always blow off his invites. If you look up the word “determination” – there will be a picture of Garland there. He never gave up on me! For 2 years, every time he saw me, he would invite me. He was never pushy or obnoxious about it – he was just determined! He cared enough about me, my life, my family & where I was going to spend eternity – that he wouldn’t give up.
Finally, one day when I was at a place in my life where I was ready – I said “yes”! My life has never been the same since! Thanks Gar & Thanks Jesus – for caring enough about me & not giving up on me.
Easter Sunday (this coming Sunday) is the greatest God-given opportunity of the year for you to reach out to & invite people to Eagle Pointe! Don’t waste this God-given opportunity!
***If you missed it – take the time to watch my message from this “Disciple” series we just wrapped up at Eagle Pointe called – “A Disciple Goes Fishing” where I share what we as Disciples need to be doing as we get ready for Easter & every week after that.
Now, here are a few things I challenge you to join me in doing this week leading up to Easter:
1) PRAY & FAST! – Let’s unleash the power of prayer! Pray for your friends, our community, our church, our Easter services & for CHANGED LIVES!!!EXPECT – Expect God to show up & do the miraculous! (If you want to learn more about Fasting – check out “Fasting for Spiritual Breakthrough“.
2) EXPECT! Expect God to show up & do the miraculous. Let’s add a big-time dose of faith to our prayers & let’s do our part! Let’s give God some actions (on our part) that He can bless! On this idea of “Expecting” – check out “10 Things You Need to Know About the Church“.
3) INVITE, INVITE, INVITE! Go stark raving crazy this week inviting everyone God brings across your path – friends, neighbors, co-workers… If you need more “Easter at Eagle Pointe” invite cards drop by the church & get them. The reality is that most people want to be, or feel like they should, be in church on Easter — so let’s help them out with that!
4) FIRE UP YOUR FACEBOOK! Get on my Facebook page or our Eagle Pointe Facebook page & start sharing the invites & videos we have to promote “Easter at Eagle Pointe”. Change your Facebook profile pic to our Easter profile pic. BTW: It’s working! Since we started our Facebook campaign 2 weeks ago – the number of people who are seeing something about Eagle Pointe & our Easter services have been mind-blowing. Check out this GRAPHIC to get an idea of what’s been happening. So, help us blow up Facebook this week by inviting all your Facebook friends.
5) BE HERE, SERVE & DO WHATEVER IT TAKES! Arrive early & help out in any way you can! We need a number of you to go to our 8:30AM service to make room in our !0 & 11:30 services. We’re asking people who will be here for 2 or 3 of our services to park at Durham M.S. – we will have a shuttle bus running back & forth. As with every weekend at Eagle Pointe – EVERYONE is on Host Team on Easter! You see something that needs picked up – a bathroom that needs restocked – just do it! You see people looking unsure of where they’re going – introduce yourself & show them around. You see people sitting by themselves – go sit with them & make them feel comfortable.
Again, join us in doing WHATEVER IT TAKES to reach our community for Jesus this Easter!
PS. I wonder who will be doing 1 of our “One Invite Changed My Life” videos someday because you cared enough to invite them???
*** Here are links to some of our “One Invite Changed My Life” videos (amazing testimonies of lives & families being changed because someone cared enough to invite these people to Eagle Pointe – Koberlein’s – Stratford’s – Salone’s.
This entry was posted on April 3, 2012 by Howard J Koepka. It was filed under Church Life, ministry, Personal Life, Relationships, Serve The World, Social Media, Spiritual growth and was tagged with Acworth, Appreciation, Atlanta, blogging, blogs, celebration, Christianity, church, compassion, Easter, Easter Sunday, evangelism, facebook, faith, God, Good Friday, help, helping others, Holidays, Holy Week, humanitarian aid, internet, invite people to church, Jesus, Kennesaw, love, mercy, Ministry, missions, Resurrection, servant evangelism, serve, serving, social justice, Social Media, technology, twitter, Volunteer, Volunteers.