Haiti Mission Trip & How You Can Help!
We have a team heading back to Port-au-Prince/Carrefour, Haiti June 16-23. We will run a free clinic for the week seeing 300+ families a day. We will also be providing medical care at 2 orphanages & 2 tent cities that we work with. In addition, we will be doing some construction projects at a local church, as well as, around the local community. And we need your help to pull this off!
Below is a list of supplies needed for our Haiti mission trip. As well, there is also a list of the money for projects we need to fundraise between now & then. PLEASE help us round up these supplies & donations. We need supplies dropped off at Eagle Pointe by Sunday June 10th – so we can pack everything up & have it ready to go.
If you are unable to bring items to Eagle Pointe – again, donations of money are definitely needed (we will be buying a lot of needed supplies in Haiti – easier than carrying it all & supports the local economy). You can donate online HERE (be sure to select “Haiti”) or email me.
Money – fundraised:
- Medical supplies – have already been covered (GO GOD!!!)
- $3000 – building materials & food for feeding programs (purchased in Haiti)
- $600 – local laborers to assist w/ construction projects
- $1000 – to bless local church in their ministry
- Tooth brushes
- Tooth paste
- Small toys, dolls, etc to giveaway to children (LOTS of small items are easier to pack in suitcases & can cover more kids – ‘happy meal size’ is ideal)
- Candy to giveaway to children (lg bags of smaller pieces)
- Multi-Vitamins (Children & Adult)
- Reading glasses (varying strengths)
- IPhones & Blackberries (Our ministry friends in Haiti can get service pretty cheap – but phones are very expensive. This is also much cheaper than computers/laptops so they can have email access, etc)
- Large Suitcases (We need 16 of these)
Medical Items: (We need LOTS of these medical supplies) (Donations to help purchase these are greatly needed as well)
- Anti-fungal medicine (Lotrimin or other otc athletes foot meds)
- Permethrin 5%
- Benadryl (tabs & children’s liquid)
- Ibuprofen (adult and children’s liquid
- 1 % hydrocortisone cream or other prescription steroid cream
- Mebendazole by prescription
- Antibiotic eye drops – by prescription
- Visine and Visine allergy
- Albuterol inhaler by prescription
Please help us make a difference in the lives of so many struggling people & families in Haiti & show them the real, practical, & tangible love of Jesus!
BTW: If you are unfamiliar with our work in Haiti – here is a glimpse of just some of what all we do…
This entry was posted on June 5, 2012 by Howard J Koepka. It was filed under Church Life, Faith In Action, Haiti, ministry, Missions - Local & Global, Serve The World, Social Media, Spiritual growth and was tagged with Acworth, Appreciation, Atlanta, blogging, blogs, celebration, Christianity, church, compassion, disaster, disaster relief, earthquake, evangelism, facebook, faith, God, Haiti, help, helping others, humanitarian aid, internet, invite people to church, Jesus, Kennesaw, mercy, Ministry, mission, missions, pain, relief, servant evangelism, serve, serving, social justice, Social Media, suffering, technology, twitter, Volunteer, Volunteers.