6 Things I LOVED About Faith In Action Day
On June 9th we mobilized a couple hundred people to help & serve at 6 locations around our area. The week following I went to Haiti with a team from Eagle Pointe & then went with a bunch of H.S. students to Panama City Beach for their summer camp. Now, finally being home & things settling down – I’ve had a chance to reflect on our Faith in Action day & here are 6 things I absolutely loved about it…
1) Seeing God use 100′s of ordinary people, like us, to help so many people & point so many hearts towards Jesus! Through our helping people in real, practical, & tangible ways the door was opened to begin helping people spiritually. The impact of us serving our community was HUGE!
2) Seeing so many of the people we served who were moved to tears, seeing a small army of volunteers show up to help them out. I had one lady, almost in shock, say to me that she didn’t think that there were still people in our society who genuinely cared for & helped others.
3) The amazing hearts & generosity of our Eagle Pointe family. So many gave selflessly of their time, talents, & energy in order to help & serve others. At several projects, people found additional work they wanted to do & took off to Home Depot & bought what was needed.
4) The amazing attitude of Eagle Pointe’rs. Eagle Pointe’rs showed up to WORK baby! Hot – humid — it didn’t matter! When things didn’t work right, or go exactly as planned – there was no griping & complaining – people just rolled with it & found another way to get the job done!
5) Seeing so many kids participating in F.I.A. day! I loved seeing so many kids & teens helping out at all our different locations & seeing them catch a passion for serving others at such young ages!
6) The insatiable passion Eagle Pointe’rs have for Loving God, Loving Others, & Serving the World! I had so many people asking how soon can we do this again??? I love that so much of what our church is & does happens outside the walls of our church bldg. BTW: We will have several opportunities coming up this Fall to do more of these types of projects. Stay tuned for more details.
I could easily do a “Top 100 Things” list – but I’ll spare you from that. Those are probably the Big 6 for me personally. I would love to hear from you… What Did You Love About F.I.A. day???? (Comment below)
Our Faith in Action Day was a HUGE success! Thank you to all of you who participated – we couldn’t have begun to pull this off with out you! And of course – GO GOD!!!
* NOTE: Here is a video from that day…
This entry was posted on July 5, 2012 by Howard J Koepka. It was filed under Church Life, Faith In Action, ministry, Missions - Local & Global, Serve The World, Social Media, Spiritual growth and was tagged with Acworth, Appreciation, Atlanta, blogging, blogs, celebration, Christianity, church, compassion, evangelism, facebook, faith, God, help, helping others, humanitarian aid, internet, invite people to church, Jesus, Kennesaw, love, mercy, Ministry, mission, missions, pain, servant evangelism, serve, serving, social justice, Social Media, technology, twitter, Volunteer, Volunteers.