7 Keys To Starting A Movement
I have said for years that God calls every Christian to be a leader where we go & wherever God takes us. We are to be leaders in our home, workplaces, communities, neighborhoods, where our kids play sports, etc. I also love the old adage that – “If you think you are a leader, but when you look behind you & nobody is following you, you are only out for a walk!”
To that end here are some good leadership principles I have seen several times over the years & which I saw again today. The video above illustrates the validity of these principles very well & very humorously.
* A few things I think we can learn from this video…
1. One man can start a movement.
2. A movement need not be started by the most skilled member of the movement.
3. When beginning your movement and you look around and no one else is joining the dance, just keep dancing.
4. When the one guy who joins your movement slowly fades away, keep going.
5. Before you know it, the people joining your movement won’t even know you started it.
6. When your movement takes a life of it’s own, just let go. There will be no stopping it.
7. The very people who are staring at you like your nuts as you movement alone, will be the very same people dancing the hardest in the end.
***This video also speaks volumes to the desire that every human being has to be a part of something & belong!