EPC – Weekend Reflex – 11-22-09
Here are my reflections from another amazing weekend @ Eagle Pointe Church:
- Wow – what a great Faith in Action Sunday we had yesterday!
- Wow – what a challenging & interesting Faith in Action Sunday we had yesterday! Ha, ha!
- God definitely has a great sense of humor.
- I think yesterday was a test – to see how well we could “roll with it” when God shook things up a bit.
- I’m pleased to announce that our church family passed the test with flying colors!
- Our Flowering Branch Children’s Home project & our Open Hands (preparing & delivering meals to homebound people) project were great successes.
- Our F.I.A./House Angels project was postponed due to the cold & rainy weather – so we had to re-route those people to other locations.
- BTW: That project has been re-scheduled to Sat. Dec. 5th – doing a mini-home improvement makeover for an elderly couple.
- Then – our Must Ministries project (working w/ the homeless, cleaning their kitchen, & cleaning apartments) got all messed up.
- There was a big-time miscommunication on their end & they were not anywhere near ready for the large group of volunteers we sent there.
- As a result, we were only able to do about 1/5 the work we had planned. (They’ve already called apologizing profusely)
- No worries – mistakes happen – we’ll definitely be working with them again.
- Then in typical Eagle Pointe “just roll with whatever God is up to” fashion – a bunch of people came back & did an amazing amount of work around the church!
- Again, our Flowering Branch Children’s Home & Open Hands projects were great successes! 😉
- GO GOD & Go Eagle Pointe!
- As I said earlier – it was a challenging & interesting Faith in Action Sunday – to say the least.
- But – it’s all good – a lot of people were helped – a lot of ministry got done – & we put our Faith Into Action.
- PS. Whether it is a day like yesterday or anything else you are trying to do for God… God doesn’t measure success by our “results” – God measures success by our hearts & motivations in trying to please Him & do His will!
- Again – I’m pleased to announce that our church family passed the test with flying colors!
- Have an amazing week, a great Thanksgiving, & I look forward to seeing you this Sunday @ Eagle Pointe Church!