EPC – Christmas Eve Reflex – 12/24/09
Here are my reflections from an incredible Christmas Eve @ Eagle Pointe Church:
- On the night before Christmas – God was just showing off!
- In spite of the cold, heavy rain we had 1 of our highest attendances ever!
- Our band was rockin’ with U2 & Christmas music!
- Our drama team did a fantastic job!
- Our tech dudes nailed it with all the music & videos we used!
- And God orchestrated it all together for an incredibly powerful worship experience!
- After the 1st service I had a young lady run up & hug me in tears, letting me know that she had just committed her life to Christ.
- I left that encounter in tears – thanking God!
- I had 2 more people come to me in tears after the 2nd service – they had also committed their lives to Christ!
- After 3rd service another young lady, who was visiting her parents here, came to me in tears saying that she couldn’t believe the “transformation” that has taken place in her parents lives, since they started coming to Eagle Pointe a couple of months ago.
- She said her home was not a fun place to grow up in – but that these were not the same people she grew up with!
- God was just showing off now!
- While she was trying to thank me & our church – I assured her that I and this church are incapable of transforming people’s live – only God can do that!
- I haven’t heard the final count – but we had at least 12 people step over the line from darkness to light – from death to Life – & surrender their lives to Christ!
- BTW: THAT’S what Christmas is all about!!!
- Thank you to our incredible Volunteers & staff for all of your hard work & effort for Christmas Eve – YOU ALL ROCK!
- I’m SO proud of you all! Now, go rest & relax with your family!
- I’ll see you on Sunday!