EPC – Weekend Recap – 06-06-10
My reflections from another amazing weekend @ Eagle Pointe Church:
- Unbelievable! What a weekend on so many fronts!
- God showed up in a big-time way this weekend. LOVE IT when He does that!
- Road construction detours couldn’t keep people away from church – we had great attendance at both services.
- Our volunteer teams were ready – parking, host team, kid’s check-in, children’s workers all did a great job.
- Our Production people (tech, music, etc) nailed it this weekend.
- I love hearing the crowd singing worship louder than the band!!!
- The feedback & response to the message I gave was incredible.
- A lot of people were surprised & had their eyes opened to the simplicity of Prayer & How to Connect with God.
- If you missed yesterday’s message – check out the video @ http://vimeo.com/12362218
- Then as if that wasn’t enough – the Luau was on!
- Our cooking team did a great job with our authentic Hawaiian pig roast.
- They spent most of the weekend preparing to cook a pig in the ground – Hawaiian-style.
- Our Eagle Pointe “Ohana”/family lost their minds dressing up in their island/tropical best.
- There were some wild outfits here last night! BTW: Quote of the night – “This is the weirdest church I’ve ever been to – in a good way!”
- I LOVED getting wild & crazy with 175 of the greatest volunteers on the planet!
- This is a church that really knows how to throw a party & I love that!
- Then in a stroke of wild & crazy self-depreciation – just to show all of our volunteers how much we love & appreciate them – I did this… http://vimeo.com/12353970 (Seriously – you need to watch it – seriously)
- It was truly a great weekend!
- DANG – I love this church & am so grateful that God let’s me lead this rowdy bunch!
This entry was posted on June 7, 2010 by Howard J Koepka. It was filed under Church Life, faith, Leadership, ministry, Personal Life, Spiritual growth and was tagged with 80's, Appreciation, blogs, Bon Jovi, Christianity, church, compassion, evangelism, facebook, faith, God, Hawaiian, helping others, Jesus, love, Luau, mercy, Ministry, missions, party, Polynesian, Social Media, technology, twitter, Volunteer, Volunteers.