6 Things I LOVED about Faith in Action Sunday
1) Seeing God use 100’s of ordinary people, like us, to help so many people & point so many hearts towards Jesus! Through our helping people in real, practical, & tangible ways the door was opened to begin helping people spiritually. The impact of us serving our community was HUGE!
2) Seeing so many of the people we served who were moved to tears, seeing a small army of volunteers show up to help them out. I had one lady, almost in shock, say to me that she didn’t think that there were still people in our society who genuinely cared for & helped others.
3) The amazing hearts & generosity of our Eagle Pointe family. So many gave selflessly of their time, talents, & energy in order to help & serve others. At several projects, people found additional work they wanted to do & took off to Home Depot & bought what was needed. Ex) The Flowering Branch Children’s home got a bunch of extra flowers, in front of the center, we didn’t originally plan on.
***BTW: I hope that generosity continues this Sunday during our offering time. We need to make up not only for all the supplies we bought for Faith in Action, but also for us not having church/offerings this past Sunday.
4) The amazing attitude of Eagle Pointe’rs. Eagle Pointe’rs showed up to WORK baby! 98 degrees, high humidity, it didn’t matter! When things didn’t work right, or go exactly as planned – there was no griping & complaining – people just rolled with it & found another way to get the job done!
5) Seeing so many kids participating in F.I.A. Sunday! I loved seeing so many kids & teens helping out at all our different locations & seeing them catch a passion for serving others at such young ages. Many of our Middle School students helped with Heroes 4 Heroes. While delivering lunches to police & fire stations they were given a tour of the stations as well. My daughter Brianna loves her firefighters helmet!
6) The insatiable passion Eagle Pointe’rs have for Loving God, Loving Others, & Serving the World! I had so many people asking how soon can we do this again??? I love that so much of what our church is & does happens outside the walls of our church bldg. BTW: We will have several opportunities coming up this Fall to do more of these types of projects. Stay tuned for more details.
I could easily do a “Top 100 Things” list – but I’ll spare you from that. Those are probably the Big 6 for me personally. I would love to hear from you… What Did You Love About F.I.A. Sunday???? (Comment below)
I have to say that our Faith in Action Sunday was a HUGE success! Thank you to all of you who participated – we couldn’t have begun to pull this off with out you! And of course – GO GOD!!!
* NOTE: We will show our “F.I.A. Sunday Day of” video this Sunday Aug. 1st during our worship services.