Online Giving @ Eagle Pointe
As our connections pastor, Aaron Gable, said in church on Sunday & on his blog this week – we are encouraging our Eagle Pointe family & supporters to take advantage of & utilize online giving.
Why do we give to the local church?
“The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it…” —Psalm 24:1
As Christ Followers, we believe that we are stewards of God’s resources because He is the owner of all that we have. Throughout scripture, we are reminded of the importance of giving back a portion of what God has so generously provided. His Word tells us that giving is an act of worship that should be done with a spirit of thanksgiving.
How do we give?
At Eagle Pointe Church we have several ways that you can give to God’s work through your tithes and offerings. You can give by check on Sundays, you can mail a check to our offices, you can give online or you can have an automatic draft.
Please know that the online giving does not make a distinction regarding a debit card or a credit card. We do strongly suggest that no one use a credit card unless it is paid off every month. The Bible speaks in Proverbs 22:7 about “…the borrower [being] servant to the lender.” We do not wish our congregation to go into debt by tithing on a credit card.
What are the benefits?
There are several benefits to online giving for both you and our church. Some of them are. . .
- Faithfully Honoring God – When you sign up to give online you are deciding in advance to faithfully give. God always blesses that kind of faith! The Bible teaches that we are to honor God with the “First Fruits” of our labor (Proverbs 3:9). By setting up a recurring contribution that is scheduled to come out of your account on the day you specify, you can ensure that your First Fruits are faithfully given back to God.
- Simplicity – You won’t have to remember whether you gave this month or send in an offering by mail when you’re on a trip.
- Security – We utilize an encrypted secure website for your online records. Online giving is more secure than giving with a check or cash because an electronic gift can’t be lost or stolen.
- Focus – Instead of having to worry about writing a check and filling out an envelope during the service, you can be fully focused on the worship service, knowing that you have already given your offering.
- Helping Eagle Pointe – Online giving is more cost effective for our church to process, and it makes our record keeping much easier.