21 things God has been teaching me & reminding me of…
God is always speaking to us & trying to teach us new things – here are just a few of the things He has been teaching me & reminding me of lately…
1) “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived all that God has in store for those who love Him…” (1 Cor. 2:9) “You have no idea how HUGE I am & how HUGE my plans are!” We need to dream bigger dreams!
2) If God says to go after Moby Dick in a row boat with a pair of finger nail clippers – BRING THE TARTAR SAUCE BABY!
3) Right now God is at work… doing things that I am COMPLETELY unaware of… but will reap the results of when He thinks I am ready.
4) Someone addicted to routine and ritual will never be a change agent in God’s church! Find one in the Bible – go ahead – try!
5) God doesn’t need me… I need Him! Desperately!
6) I am NOT the source of one single blessing in my life – GOD IS!!!
7) Balance is a myth! Look at Jesus or anyone God used in the Bible – their lives were completely out of balance in God’s direction.
8) When you play around with sin… there are always consequences! ALWAYS!
9) If I can accomplish “HIS vision” without HIS help ——- then it isn’t “HIS vision!”
10) Passive husbands and fathers suck! (Sorry! Just being honest about it!)
11) God leads me step by step – NOT in three to five year plans! Long range planning is for those who try to keep God in a box.
12) God is Sovereign and is not surprised by anything!
13) “DO NOT SETTLE!” EVER!
14) God often works through the “impossible” to accomplish the “unbelievable!”
15) The difficult we will do right now – the impossible may take a little while.
16) I need to live in faith… NOT in fear!
17) The key to continually taking my marriage to the next level is to stop seeking things from her – and to start going all out to serve her!
18) My responsibility as a leader is to set the next generation up for success.
19) So goes the leader–so goes the people.
20) I need to relax more & have fun more!!!
21) I can’t believe I get to do this (Lead Pastor of an awesome church) for a living!
Can’t wait to see what He says next!!!
This entry was posted on May 2, 2013 by Howard J Koepka. It was filed under Church Life, faith, Leadership, ministry, Parenting, Personal Life, Relationships, Social Media, Spiritual growth and was tagged with Acworth, Atlanta, blogging, blogs, Christianity, church, compassion, evangelism, facebook, faith, God, helping others, invite people to church, Jesus, Kennesaw, love, mercy, Ministry, mission, missions, servant evangelism, Social Media, technology, twitter.