High Class Challenges
God is just showing off now! This has been gradually building over the last several months, but especially for the last 2 months our Connections pastor Tim Roman and I have been looking at each other & saying “Wow!” & “Oh my!”. We have had so many new people & families coming to Eagle Pointe in these last 2 months. And not just attending on Sundays, but getting in Life Groups & serving on ministry teams – IT’S BEEN CRAZY! And it doesn’t show any signs of letting up – if anything – this ride appears to be speeding up – “GO GOD!!!”
2 weeks ago at Momentum, our gathering of leaders & volunteers, I shared how we needed to launch a 3rd service time. I also shared how we needed to grow by about 60 more people to make that move effective for the sake of having more volunteers, having enough people in each service that we don’t don’t lose energy, etc. WELL – yesterday we had those 60 more people show up at Eagle Pointe! In fact, here is what I posted on my Facebook & Twitter yesterday – “LOVE when God shows up & shows off! Mind blowing kick off of our “Improving Your Love Life” series today. Music was incredible, message connected, & had our highest non-holiday attendance ever. GO GOD & Go Eagle Pointe’rs!!!”
What God is doing here at Eagle Pointe is so special, so rare, and so big that there’s not a doubt in any of our minds as to Who is doing this. I believe that God is blessing our hearts, motivations, focus, and hard work in a huge way – & I am very grateful for that.
However, with these blessings comes a lot of things that we have to figure out. How can we be good stewards of the people/souls that God is entrusting to us? How do we structure our church and ministries to handle what God is doing here? Not just how do we handle what happened last Sunday – but how do we handle this movement of God in 6 months & a year or 2 down the road?
But there’s also immediate concerns – how soon do we launch our 3rd service time? How fast can we expand our worship area? What’s the right way to expand? What can we afford to do? What can we do & how fast can we do it? There’s probably 42 questions along these lines that need to be answered. What staff will we need & how soon will we need them? How can our Ministry Leaders & Lay Ministers handle all of this? How can we raise up more leaders quickly? How do we help our people to spiritually, mentally, & emotionally handle all of these changes & the speed in which God is doing it? How do we help people understand that the vast majority of Christians will go their entire lives without God ever allowing them to be a part of anything remotely close to what He is doing here?
As I hope you can see – it is a lot to figure out. But as my buddy Tim Meade used to say – “These are high class problems!” As opposed to a few years ago when we were on our knees praying for God to keep the doors of our church open another month.
Now, while we are figuring out how/when to launch a 3rd service – here are a few things we really need our entire Eagle Pointe family helping us with right away: (BTW: 3rd service will most likely be on Sunday evenings)
1) Sit towards the front, move in to the middle of seating sections, etc. Help us fit everyone in & make it easier for people to find seats. You don’t have to sit on an aisle seat & you don’t need a seat or 2 buffer between you & the person next to you. Please be mindful of people trying to find a seat & help them out.
2) Don’t block our cafe & hallways. Let people be able to get in & find where they are going. Move your converstaions into the worship area or outside. Don’t be a human barricade!
3) Volunteer to serve on a ministry team. We need a lot more help in our parking lot, with greeters/hosts/guides, ushering in the worship area, & in our CHILDREN’S MINISTRY working with babies & children. (Our children’s ministry is growing like crazy & needs more adult/teen volunteers)
4) Park in our back lots. Yes – we have more parking around the back sides of our facility. If you are serving and/or a regular here at Eagle Pointe – please help us fill up these back lots first. Let’s leave the front/easiest to find parking spots for our guests & newer folks. (BTW: I try to always lead by example – so you will see my vehicle in the last/furthest back spot)
5) Everyone is on Host Team every Sunday! Even if you are not officially on our host/greeter team – we count on you to help us welcome everyone, help them find there way, introduce them around to others, etc. Keep an eye out for people sitting/standing by themselves. Act every Sunday, as you would if you were hosting a party at your home.
I share all of this with you to help you, as my church family, to see the challenges that are before us. As the lead pastor I grasp and feel the weight and responsibility that comes with God blessing in this way – which is why I am currently fasting & praying for God’s wisdom & guidance. Please pray for me during this time & join me in praying for God to show all of us the way. LET’S DO THIS!!! Let’s give God actions He will use & bless! And then – buckle up & hold on! It’s going to be a wild & amazing ride!
This entry was posted on February 10, 2014 by Howard J Koepka. It was filed under Leadership, Relationships, Serve The World, Social Media and was tagged with Acworth, Appreciation, Atlanta, blogging, blogs, celebration, Christianity, church, compassion, evangelism, facebook, faith, God, help, helping others, internet, invite people to church, Jesus, Kennesaw, Ministry, servant evangelism, serve, serving, Social Media, technology, twitter, Volunteer, Volunteers.