Haiti Mission Trip Needs – Updated Feb. 18
We will have a mission team heading back to Haiti February 22 – March 1. We will run a free clinic for the week seeing 400+ families a day. We will also be providing medical care at 2 orphanages & 2 tent cities that we work with. In addition, we will be doing some construction projects at a local church, as well as, building homes around the local community. And we need your help to pull this off!
Below is a list of supplies needed & a list of the money for projects we need to fundraise. PLEASE help us round up these supplies & donations. We need supplies dropped off at Eagle Pointe by this Wed. Feb. 20th – we are packing everything up that evening.
If you are unable to bring items to Eagle Pointe – again, donations of money are definitely needed (we will be buying a lot of needed supplies in Haiti – easier than carrying it all & supports the local economy). You can donate online HERE (be sure to select “Haiti”) or email me.
Money – fundraised: (This is what is left to be raised before we go)
- $1000 – medical supplies for free clinic we run while there.
- $1000 – building materials for homes (purchased in Haiti)
- Tooth paste
- Small toys, dolls, etc to giveaway to children (LOTS of small items are easier to pack in suitcases & can cover more kids – ‘happy meal size’ is ideal)
- Candy to giveaway to children (lg bags of smaller pieces)
- Reading glasses (varying strengths)
Medical Items: (Donations to help purchase these are greatly needed as well)
- Anti-fungal medicine (Lotrimin or other otc athletes foot meds)
- Permethrin 5%
- Benadryl (tabs & children’s liquid)
- Ibuprofen (adult and children’s liquid)
- Acetaminophen (adult and children’s liquid)
- Antibiotics by prescription (Amoxicillin, Keflex, Bactrim, Ciprofloxacin, Augmentin, etc)
- Mebendazole by prescription
- Antibiotic eye drops – by prescription
- Visine and Visine allergy
- Albuterol inhaler by prescription
Please help us make a difference in the lives of so many struggling people & families in Haiti & show them the real, practical, & tangible love of Jesus!
BTW: If you are unfamiliar with our work in Haiti – here is a glimpse of just some of what all we do…
This entry was posted on February 18, 2014 by Howard J Koepka. It was filed under Missions - Local & Global, Serve The World, Social Media and was tagged with Acworth, Appreciation, Atlanta, blogging, blogs, celebration, Christianity, church, compassion, disaster, disaster relief, earthquake, evangelism, facebook, faith, God, help, helping others, humanitarian aid, internet, invite people to church, Jesus, Kennesaw, love, mercy, Ministry, mission, missions, servant evangelism, serve, serving, social justice, Social Media, suffering, technology, twitter, Volunteer, Volunteers.