Fun Ways to Invite People to Church!
Jesus said “GO & make disciples…”. He said “I will build my church…”. One of the primary reasons Eagle Pointe church exists is to live out & share the gospel, to reach our community where 90% of the people do not go to church, & to be used by Jesus to bring about “changed lives”. However, that cannot happen until people come & continue coming to an environment where Jesus can work in their lives. So, us inviting people to our church is absolutely essential to us fulfilling a HUGE part of our core mission. To that end, here are some great ways you can invite people to Eagle Pointe church. Look over this, pray about it, talk with your life group and friends, have some fun, & just do it!
BTW: The biggest GOD-SIZED opportunity of the year to invite people to church is coming up in 3 weeks on Easter Sunday. I HATE wasting God-given & God-sized opportunities! I’m challenging every individual in our church to do WHATEVER IT TAKES to bring AT LEAST 2 people with them to our Easter Sunday services. So, let’s get after it, let’s do this thing, & let’s allow God to use us to impact our community for Him this Easter!
- Grill out for the employees of a local company or business.
- Host a block party in your neighborhood, get to know your neighbors, & invite them to church.
- Tailgate at high school and/or local sporting events, ballfields, etc. Give away hot dogs and invite people.
- Always keep some invite cards on you & give them to your waitress, checkout person at a store, person standing behind you in line, etc.
- Cookout at a local park & give away hot dogs and/or bottled water.
- Borrow our popcorn machine & giveaway popcorn & invite cards at a movie rental store.
- Provide “full service” at a local gas station – wash windows, pump gas, and leave a car freshener.
- Put out road signs on the weekend (did you know about 40% of people who attend our church for the first time do so because they saw a road sign?)
- Follow me on Facebook & Twitter, and/or Eagle Pointe on Facebook – & share postings, videos, etc with your friends.
- Help local schools with their festivals. Instead of re-creating the wheel, just help a school make their event better.
- Take a couple of hours and put out invite cards on mailboxes in your neighborhood.
- Go to local shopping centers & put invite cards on car windshields. Try not to get arrested…that keeps it fun!
- Coach or help out with a local kids sports team. Build relationships with families & invite.
- You and your kids set up a lemonade stand.
- Have a free garage sale…give away things and invite people to church.
- Do a free car wash.
- Go around a neighborhood and collect canned food. Invite people to church while asking for food.
- Hand out helium balloons at special events. We have a helium tank you can use.
- Set up a bounce house at the movie theater when a big kids movie premiers. Or in front of another store. Managers are often open to anything that draws attention to their store.
- Put a giant Eagle Pointe sign in the back of your truck. Politicians do it – our cause is way more important!
- Take breakfast to school teachers. Simply email the principal and ask if you can do it, set a day, and make it happen.
- Help with field days at a local elementary school. What school wouldn’t appreciate volunteers?
- Take food to fire stations. Let them know you appreciate them and that they are always welcome at your church.
Better yet… come up with your own idea, get your friends or group/team involved, and make it happen. Let us know what you’re doing & how we can help! ***BTW: Your friends, neighbors, & co-workers are the easiest of all to invite because you already have a personal relationship with them.
This entry was posted on April 3, 2014 by Howard J Koepka. It was filed under Church Life, Faith In Action, ministry, Personal Life, Relationships, Social Media, Spiritual growth and was tagged with Acworth, Appreciation, Atlanta, blogging, blogs, celebration, Christianity, church, compassion, Easter, evangelism, facebook, faith, God, help, helping others, Holidays, internet, invite people to church, Jesus, Kennesaw, Ministry, servant evangelism, serve, serving, Social Media, technology, twitter, Volunteer, Volunteers.