Haiti Mission Trip & How You Can Help…
We will have a mission team heading back to Haiti July 20 – 27. We will run a free clinic for the week seeing 400+ families a day. We will also be providing medical care at 2 orphanages & tent cities that we work with. In addition, we will be doing some construction projects at a local church, as well as, building homes around the local community. And we need your help to pull this off!
Below is a list of supplies needed for our Haiti mission trip. As well, there is also a list of the money for projects we need to fund-raise between now & then. PLEASE help us round up these supplies & donations. We need supplies dropped off at Eagle Pointe by Sunday July 13th – so we can pack everything up & have it ready to go.
If you are unable to bring items to Eagle Pointe – again, donations of money are definitely needed (we will be buying a lot of needed supplies in Haiti – easier than carrying it all & supports the local economy). You can donate online HERE (be sure to select “Haiti”) or email me.
Money – fundraised:
- $2000 – medical supplies for free clinic we run while there.
- $3,500 – building materials for homes (purchased in Haiti)
- $600 – local laborers to assist w/ construction projects
- Tooth brushes
- Tooth paste
- Small toys, dolls, etc to giveaway to children (LOTS of small items are easier to pack in suitcases & can cover more kids – ‘happy meal size’ is ideal)
- Candy to giveaway to children (lg bags of smaller pieces)
- Multi-Vitamins (Children & Adult)
- Reading glasses (varying strengths)
- Large Suitcases (We need 16 of these)
Medical Items: (We need LOTS of these medical supplies) (Donations to help purchase these are greatly needed as well)
- Anti-fungal medicine (Lotrimin or other otc athletes foot meds)
- Permethrin 5%
- Benadryl (tabs & children’s liquid)
- Ibuprofen (adult and children’s liquid)
- Acetaminophen (adult and children’s liquid)
- 1 % hydrocortisone cream or other prescription steroid cream
- Antibiotics by prescription (Amoxicillin, Keflex, Bactrim, Ciprofloxacin, Augmentin, etc)
- Mebendazole by prescription
- Antibiotic eye drops – by prescription
- Visine and Visine allergy
- Albuterol inhaler by prescription
Please help us make a difference in the lives of so many struggling people & families in Haiti & show them the real, practical, & tangible love of Jesus!
BTW: If you are unfamiliar with our work in Haiti – here is a glimpse of just some of what all we do…